The EMS PRO is a flexible all-in-one controller for engine-driven pump applications. Its microprocessor-based design with LCD display allows OEM customisation and field-adjustment of operating parameters, without the need for a computer. It is also able to support both mechanical and J1939 electronic engines.
EMS PRO controllers have auto start/stop features selectable at the touch of a button – Single Contact, Floats, Momentary, Transducer and Clock – plus several speed/throttling options. In addition, there are many performance-enhancing features, available through an operator interface that is easy to learn and use.
The EMS PRO is designed to withstand a wide ambient temperature range and is supplied as standard with a rugged IP66 / NEMA 4 enclosure with four rubber shock mounts. Inside is a backlit graphical display, visible day or night and under all kinds of conditions.
Modbus RS485, RS232 and SAE J1939 CAN communication ports make the EMS PRO ideal for use with remote modem, SCADA and engine CAN data networks.
Standard units use RS485 to drive external PVA analogue gauges or transmit Modbus RTU data. At the same time, the CAN port allows J1939 communication with the engine ECU, to display running parameters, fault and diagnostic messages, and to control engine throttling via TSC1 commands if supported by the ECU.
- Supports mechanical and J1939 electronic engines
- Automatic start/stop
- User interface: backlit graphical display, 8 membrane buttons, rotary mode switch
- Inputs: 8 digital, 12 analogue, 1 frequency
- Outputs: 3 FET, 9 relay
- First-out shutdowns and/or alarm indicating LEDs
- Shutdown history file
- Service reminders
- Field adjustable parameters
- Supports J1939 TSC1 throttle messaging
- -40 to +80°C temperature range
- Internet ready utilising Modbus® RTU with auxiliary equipment
- Real time clock in 24 hour format
- IP66 / NEMA 4 enclosure (incl. connectors) with optional clear door